Friday, December 26, 2008

Journal # 4

26 December 2008

Sunny

I have been away for four days and I enjoyed them, well, sort of. The days had been lonely and if not for my imagination I couldn't have kept up my good behavior.

First stop: Port Dickson (Grandmother's house)

How can there be of any fun? I didn't like it, and the three-hour-drive didn't make it any better. I stayed at the Sea Front View Hotel for one day.

Second stop: Cameron Highlands

Quite cold there, really. I enjoyed the cold weather there and the fat strawberries they managed to grow in the cold climate. The flowers are beautiful and the cactuses are, well, prickly. I stayed at the Rosa Passadena for one day, a four star hotel with little parking space.

Third stop: Ipoh

I love Ipoh. It is a small idylic village with good food. We stayed at the Hotel Excelsior for one day,and they have a wide variety of food at the morning buffet. I ate too much, and I couldn't eat at the prefered restaurant, the Foh San Restaurant. The restaurant serves yummy dim sum! We also ate at the Lou Wong restaurant which serves bean sprout chicken. Absolutely delicious! We then bought some, I mean a lot, of the food products made there.

On our way to our next stop, we passed by some ruined buildings. Some had grass growing on them, and some had holes, BIG holes in them. It was once a busy place, but the ministry built a new opening to the highways just before the city. Hence, no one passes the city anymore and the city is left alone. I felt a twinge of sadness when we passed by the city.

Fourth stop: Kuala Lumpur

We arrived there and stayed at the AnCasa Hotel. We also went to Petaling street, famous for its pirated goods and the ability to haggle prices with the hawkers. It is both fun and interesting. The funniest sight was when cops came and tried to arrest those unregistered hawkers. They can't do that becuse the had all packed and ran away! In about three seconds! They are so quick!
We ate the hotel's buffet in the morning and went to the KL Bird Park. There were lots of birds and I even had some clinging onto my hands! I loved the feeling of claws on my skin! There were lots of peacocks running around as well. They were beautiful. Birds can fly around at ease, because the park is covered. After that, we went to the historical museum. It is not really a museum, it is just a place to mourn for those who had died in battles. Not really fun though, seeing that I cannot go to Genting Highlands. It is so near, yet so far. I am sad.

P.S: I bought the last book of Harry Potter at the Popular store in KL. I am now reading it. Maybe I will have new inspirations in life after reading it.

Artemis

No comments: